You’re running out of time. You have this meeting to go to, but would need to cook lunch and dinner for the kids, call the nanny, and wash the dishes. But as soon as you’re starting with the dish washing, you notice that your drain’s clogged. What a hassle!
Well, not to sound like a TV commercial or something, but you need not worry, for drain cleaners are available in a supermarket near you (pun intended). Seriously, if you do have clogged drains, then just head on out to the supermarket and buy a drain declogger.
However, if you do want to know which brand of declogger works best without causing too much harm to your health and the environment (chemicals can seep into the waterways), then here are some of the top ranking drain cleaners:
- Professional Strength Liquid-Plumr Clog Remover
- Liquid Plumr Gel Professional Strength Clog Remover
If you prefer whipping up your own mix of cleaners using everyday household items, then here are some easy to follow tips.
What you need:
- Baking soda
- Hot water
What to do:
- Pour baking soda (about half a box) down the drain.
- Pour vinegar on the baking soda. Notice that a chemical reaction would occur, creating some foam.
- Wait for the foam to settle, then pour some more vinegar until all of the baking soda in the drain is removed.
- Do not use the drain just yet. Let it sit for a while.
- Pour and let hot water run down the drain to help remove any dirt or residue.
This homemade drain cleaner or declogger has been proven effective by a lot of people. What’s even better is that the ingredients needed are really affordable, so you get to make more savings.